- 1lb smoked eel fillets
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, plus extra for grating on top
- 16 oz spaghetti
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Boil pasta in salted water until al Dente. Drain pasta and reserve 3/4 cup pasta water. This will help bring the carbonara sauce together.
- Remove and discard skin from eel fillet, and cut eel fillets into 1/2" pieces.
- Sauté eel in a wide, deep sauce pan over medium heat until browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan, and black pepper.
- Add pasta to eel and stir. Add 3/4 cup pasta water and stir continuously until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a couple minutes.
- Slowly add egg mixture to pasta and stir for 30 seconds.
- Top with extra parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste!